Board Meeting Minutes, Monday, December 11, 2017, Odell Weeks, Room 1 at 6:00PM
In attendance were Jim Kabel, Nancy Vermilye, Linda Blake, Joyce Noland, Lisa Campbell, Ron Nelson, Jeff Beckner, Beverly Edwards, Dick Diemar, Mo Garcia, Marian Garcia, Loretta Beckner, Mike Beckner, Grace Vance, Wojciech Adamek, Chuck Wright, Faith Loeb, Sally Fuller and Nancy Racki.
Jim Kabel called the meeting to order and promptly began discussion on Clinics and Lessons. Invited to the meeting were Mo Garcia, Grace Vance and Wojciech Adamek.
- Gym 1 is designated for Clinics and Lessons. Mo Garcia explained that bookings for clinics and lessons are done solely through the front desk of Odell Weeks. Available clinics are: Beginner (1.5 – 2.5 rating) to be held the 1st Wednesday of every month, Intermediate (2.5 – 3.0(H) rating) to be held the 2nd Wednesday of every month and Advanced (3.5 and above rating) to be held the 3rd Wednesday of every month. Grace Vance stated that there may not be enough lesson time so the City will add Thursdays as an additional day on a first come first serve basis. Joyce Noland will be adding Gym 1 to Signup Genius for players to book clinics and lessons. These are held from 12:00PM-3:00PM on Wednesdays and 1:00-3:00PM on Thursdays.
- Nancy Vermilye informed us that payments for clinics and lessons need to be made by players prior to their clinic or lesson at the front desk. Players will need to show proof of payment with the receipt that they are provided and show it to their instructor before their session begins. Costs are: $15 per person for a clinic, $40 per person for a 2 person lesson, $20 per person for 3- 4 person lesson and $40 for a private lesson.
- Mo Garcia, Grace Vance and Wojciech Adamek will be pursuing official certification via USAPA requirements.
- There was a good turnout for the two Laura Fenton clinics and lessons that were held at Odell Weeks.
- Beginning January 1, 2018, all non-rated players will be defaulted to a rating of 2.5. We hope all NR players will get rated through Ron Nelson’s Rating Committee ASAP so we can determine proper designation of courts for the hours of court designation play.
- A new field will be added to our player lists showing their League Ratings. League Ratings do not affect the ratings given to Pickledillys players provided by our Ratings Committee. Nelson Spitnale will populate the new field with the League Ratings.
- Ron Nelson and his Ratings Committee is responsible for providing ratings for players up to 3.5H. Tony Quick does the ratings for players seeking a 4.0 and above rating but he is only available for rating sessions on evenings and weekends.
- It was suggested and agreed that once Mo Garcia become an additional rater for players seeking a 4.0 and above rating.
- There is a new Signup Genius timeframe for Gym 2. The time to reserve a court has decreased from 10 days to 4 days.
- Nancy Vermilye proposed that during the months of January and February we begin court reservation times from 12:30PM to 3:00PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is to accommodate the increased number of players that come to play during these winter months. The morning mixed/designated court time will increase from 9:00AM-12:30PM.
- Our Christmas social will be held on December 15, 2017. The league team award presentation will be held at that time.
- The Aiken Pickledillys have volunteers to be at the Christmas in Hopelands on December 19.
New Mixed Play Format on Reserved Courts
- A mixed 3.0/3.5 play format was suggested by Dick Diemar. No real decision has been made at this point. It is still up for discussion.
- Mo Garcia will be overseeing advertising in the Aiken Standard and Bella Magazine.
The meeting adjourned at 7:34PM. The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 8, 2018 in Room 1. After the January meeting, we will go back to Tuesday for our regular meeting.