From your tournament directors, Keith & Mo:
The 5th annual tournament hosted by Aiken is scheduled for August 18-20, 2017. The list of tournaments being held on the east coast is growing each year, but as evidenced by returning players from outside Aiken, our tournament remains a primary destination on the tournament calendar.
We know that a main reason for interest in our tournament is the fact that our volunteers help to make it so well run. And the more volunteers we have, the better it is. There has been a very strong commitment by our volunteers since the ﬁrst tournament, and we continue to be very grateful for that involvement. Spouses, signiﬁcant others, children, other relatives, neighbors and even house guests, have been volunteers in the past! Of course, players are encouraged to volunteer as their time permits.
To show appreciation for the critical work of volunteers, tournament management is making sure that all volunteers will receive t-shirts and lunch on the day(s) of participation. Also planned is a room, with refreshments, for volunteers to relax when they are not on duty.
We are beginning our canvass now for volunteers for this year's tournament. We will have a need for volunteers in numerous categories, including but not limited, to:
- SWAG bags - stuffing pre-tournament gift (SWAG) bags for player arrival
- T-Shirts - sorting t-shirts by size and then folding
- Clinic check-in - checking in players for clinics to be held that weekend
- Tournament check-in - checking in players on days of the tournament
- Court Monitoring - managing on-court activities/players during matches
- Facility Management - monitoring restrooms, recycle bins, overseeing distribution of water and bananas
- Lunch Room - assisting in lunch organization, distribution, cleanliness
- Other/anything as needed -
Event Desk - This special category to assist in day to day management of matches and results may need some volunteers.
Referees - This special category will require volunteers to attend pre-tournament training sessions and on-court practice prior to the tournament - a further special announcement will come out re: this volunteer requirement.
We need you! If you are interested in helping to make the Palmetto Indoor Pickleball Doubles Invitational (whew!) another great success, please respond to Mike Beckner at email@example.com or Jim Kabel at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will schedule a meeting in March to discuss your speciﬁc interest, details, organization, etc.